Yummy Healthy Food
FOOD INSPIRATION DURING THE TIME OF THE CORONAVIRUS
Chicken Soup -- It's homemade
-3 to 4 lbs. chicken pieces and/or bones
-1 cup roughly chopped onions
-1 cup roughly chopped carrots
-2 parsnips, chopped
-2-3 TBSP roughly chopped parsley
-2-3 TBSP chopped fresh dill
-1-2 pinches ground turmeric
-1 tsp salt
-ground black pepper
-16 cups water or high-quality chicken stock or a combination
1) Put all the ingredients into a large stock pot
2) Bring almost to a boil, then lower to simmer with the pot partially covered
3) Cook 2-3 hours until meat falls off the bone
4) Remove chicken and bones from the soup, squeezing out as much liquid as possible
5) Cool and then refrigerate
6) Remove top layer of fat from soup
7) Reheat, serve and enjoy.
Leave a Reply.
I love to cook, eat and entertain. I'm starting this in the midst of the Coronavirus as my way to spread the love.
Take a look at my Pantry List to keep your kitchen well-stocked.
Hours are Tuesday-Thursday, 10am-8pm
247 Northampton Street, #27
Easthampton, MA 01027
Get information on other complementary health resources recommended by Staying in Balance.
Pioneer Valley Community Resources