- Acupuncture is one of the oldest, most commonly used forms of medicine in the world.
- Under a doctor’s supervision, medications can be reduced or eliminated.
- Side effects from necessary medications and surgery can be lessened.
- Symptoms can be treated before they become serious.
- Chronic conditions that haven’t responded to other treatments can be healed.
- You can be empowered to live a happier, healthier life!
Acupuncture from a Western Perspective
- Studies have shown that acupuncture improves symptoms of osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, asthma, carpal tunnel syndrome, chronic pain, chronic headache and nausea.
- Neuroimaging studies show that acupuncture calms areas of the brain that show pain and activates areas involved in rest and restoration.
- Doppler ultrasound shows that acupuncture increases blood flow to treated areas.
- Acupuncture releases endorphins, the body’s feel-good chemicals.
- Acupuncture reboots the autonomic nervous system which governs heart beat, respiration and digestion.
Have questions about acupuncture?
Contact me for a free 20 minute phone or in-person consultation.